As the healthcare system in the United States continues to change, individual health insurance is at the front and center of those changes for both individuals as well as families. With the sudden rise of the gig worker and the Affordable Care Act being implemented, individual / family health insurance coverage is crucial in helping Americans obtain affordable and quality healthcare. In this blog we discuss Individual Health Insurance in America.
What is Individual Health Insurance:
Individual health insurance is a category of insurance coverage that is designed specifically for an individual or a family. Typically, any coverage that is not through an employer or other type of organization will be considered individual health insurance (this includes a family plan). With Individual health insurance the insured person will purchase the health insurance policy directly from the health insurance carrier they choose. This allows the insured to choose a plan that is customized based on their health needs and financial affordability.
What are the benefits of Individual Health Insurance:
- Customized Plans: Each of our health needs can vastly differ depending on many factors including age and health status. With an individual health insurance plan, you can choose from many policies that you feel protects you best. The plans range from low-deductible comprehensive coverage to high-deductible catastrophic coverage. You can include RX coverage, hospitalization, surgery, urgent care, mental health and more.
- Not Reliant on Employer: With the everchanging American job market uncertainty has come to be expected. With an individual health insurance plan, you can take your policy with you regardless of where and when you work. This allows you the flexibility to not be locked into an employer simply because of health insurance benefits.
- Choose your providers: Most individual health insurance plans allow you to choose from a plethora of doctors, hospitals, and pharmacies. This gives the consumer options and allows them their own personal preference to healthcare.
- Preventative Care: With the launch of the Affordable Care Act all plans sold on the marketplace must come with free preventative care. This includes routine checkup, colonoscopy’s, breast screenings and vaccines. Regardless if you have a low or high deductible these services are treated the same for each enrollee.
- Health Savings Accounts (HSA’s): Some individual health plans are HSA compatible. This allows you to have major medical health insurance with tax deductible benefits. These are typically higher deductible plans that protect the consumer from financial devastation.
How to choose the right plan for you:
The first step is to contact a licensed health insurance agent. Make sure the agent is certified and specializes in the ACA Marketplace. The marketplace is where most of the top-quality plans are sold and each carrier in your area has their options accessible. Your agent can go over the plan benefits in detail and help you better understand your options.
If you are interested in individual / family health insurance contact My Choice Health Insurance at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will put you in touch with one of our licensed and certified agents.