Signing up for traditional health insurance through various websites can be a confusing and exhausting process. In comparison, signing up for Obamacare can be relatively simple when utilizing a licensed and certified health insurance agent who specializes in Obamacare. In this blog we will explain in depth how to sign up for Obamacare.
- Identify what Obamacare is: Obamacare is a nickname given to the ACA Marketplace Exchange. The Affordable Care Act (ACA) is a law that was created during Presidents Obama’s term in office which gives lower income individuals and families payment assistance to help offset their health insurance premium in the form of a government subsidy. This basically means that for qualifying households earning between 100% and 400% of the Federal Poverty Level (FPL) the government helps to reduce their healthcare costs. In some cases, households can qualify for a free health insurance plan.
- Identify when the enrollment period is: The Open Enrollment Period (OEP) typically occurs between November 1st through December 15th and in some years January 15th. This is the period when all Americans can shop for a health insurance plan on the ACA Marketplace Exchange and enroll in a plan if they choose to. The Special Enrollment Period (SEP) happens in the time outside of OEP. The SEP is designed specifically for individuals and families who qualify based on a life change such as moving locations, loss of employer sponsored health insurance, gaining immigration status, getting married, having a baby, etc.
- Connect with a licensed and certified health insurance agent that specializes in the ACA marketplace. This can be done in person, by phone or online. A certified specialist in the ACA marketplace will have the know-how to guide you through the process and simplify it for you. They can help you qualify for payment assistance and show you all the top health plans in your area to choose from.
- Enroll in a plan: The certified ACA health insurance agent will show you all the top health insurance plans in your area that fits your budget and health needs. They can answer any of your questions about the plan benefits, doctor and hospital network and any other questions you may have. Once you have decided on a plan the agent will enroll you in the plan of your choice.
- Pay your initial premium: The first payment you make is called the binder payment. This is the payment that locks you into the plan and generates the health insurance company to mail you your health insurance ID card. Your health insurance agent can assist you in knowing how you can make your initial payment and all ongoing payments.
In conclusion signing up for Obamacare can be a simple process when utilizing a licensed and certified health insurance agency that specializes in the ACA Marketplace Exchange. For more information or if you need assistance contact My Choice Health Insurance.